Jetta 1992 Shift boot

Believe it or not, I ran a google search for VW Jetta 1992 boot for my stick shift and of all the retail and ebay sales available, none of them specifically say that their boot will fit the shape of the 1992 jetta stick. Has anybody found a reliable accessories dealer where I could find and purchase this boot? It is rectangle-shaped and requires the plastic frame to fit properly - which is gone and leather boot which is actually naugahyde and has so many holes in it it might as well not be there.

Thanks in advance, Marianne

Reply to
Mjelley

or search ebay with these terms

jetta shift boot

later, dave (One out of many Daves)

Reply to
dave

Also:

They don't have the accordian/rubbery ones, but they have leather ones that are like what the GTIs and GLIs had. My OEM one for my GTI shredded and flaked within the first year of ownership (shame on VW). I replaced it with a leather boot from AGLA and that same boot today still fits great and looks good 12 years later. It has an elasticized "hem" (for lack of a better word) and fits nicely over the lip on the console.

Reply to
Matt B.

You guys are awesome. I did try Ebay and found the same one I had found earlier at a retail site. I will check all the sites you sent me and Thanks again Marianne

Reply to
Mjelley