1992 Jetta ECO, head gasket seeps: good buy?

I am looking into buying an older Diesel Jetta and have found this

1992 ECO. Pictures and brief description available here:
I have never done much work on cars, but am mechanically inclined and would like to do most maintenance myself. Is this car just asking for trouble? How big a fix is replacing the head gasket? It also seems this car is overpriced, what would you pay for it?

Thanks for any help... as a complete diesel newbie I need it.

-Adam

Reply to
Adam

A lot more than I would pay, and by the add it sounds like he doesn't even own the car. Buy something newer... it's 13 years old and will cost $$$$$ to get all the bugs out!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther