steering shake

Here's the scoop, i have 18's on an 02 passat. the bead seal broke and had to drive 2 miles to get aired up on one f/r tire. the tire was trashed then. got 2 new tires mounted/balanced. the one tire was slightly out or round. at highway speeds i get a decent shake and pulls to the right. i'm sure the pulling to the right is alignment because tire pressure is good. the dealership costs about 200 bucks for alignment due to a special tool and subframe adjustments. could loose components cause the shake and is there a "break in" period for the tires which could cause the steering shake?

Reply to
italian_72

It's not going to get better sorry.

I suggest doing a little investigation. Move those two wheels to the back and move the back ones to the front. I suspect the problem may follow the move. If so look for a damaged wheel from running on it flat. That's the cost of not using the spare.

If that does not move the problem, then I suggest taking your car to a good non-dealer alignment shop and let them take a look at it. I suspect you answer is going to be a lot less than $200.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

IMO an out-of-round new tire is a defective tire and should be replaced. Also, driving 2 miles on a flat tire could have easily damaged your rim, so it may need to be replaced too.

Reply to
Papa