Sunroof fails to close - Passat 2004

Hello,

I own a Passat TDI equipped with an electrical sunroof. When it is very hot outside (84F / 30C) or more, my sunroof fails to close. I'm suspecting a problem with the sensor that reopens the roof is something is detected during the closing of the roof. All mechanics that look at my roof told me that everything is fine with it...

I cleaned the track, and put white grease but I'm still experiencing the same problem.

Anyone has seen the same problem on a Volks?

Regards,

Alain

Reply to
Alain Forget

Mine (on my 98 passat) stuck open a few weeks ago. At the same time none of the overhead lights in the same console as the Sunroof switch would work either. Then about 30 minutes later as I was driving it just started working again - the lights came on & the sunroof closed (I had moved teh switch to the closed position)

Because the lights went out too I suspect an earth/grounding problem somewhere up in the centre console but I havn't had time to investigate & its still working fine now.

In case you wern't aware, if you take the cover off the centre console in the roof you should find an emergency hand crank for the sunroof clipped to the back of it. You can use that to close the thing manually

rgds

Iain

Reply to
Iain Miller

Maybe the air deflector sticking up. Just how far does it close?

Reply to
Woodchuck

any chance that you're still under the bumper to bumper warranty? if so, let a dealer figure it out.

Reply to
Matt B.

Hello,

I followed your suggestions, and it appears that the air deflector was sticking up!

I will have this fixed by my dealer next week.

Thanks for your answer! Alain

Reply to
Alain Forget

.......My '97 Passat sunroof blows a fuse everytime I hit the power button.Does anyone know a way to access the electronics without goobering up the headliner????

Reply to
Nevermind