Windshield washer adjustment 97 Cabrio?

One of the washer nozzles on my wife's 97 Cabrio died. I looked around online and saw them everywhere for $36 ea- but they weren't listed on the germanautoparts.com site & I like dealing with them because they usually have great prices- and they're local so in a pinch I can run and pick things up.

So I called them- they looked them up and said they could get them and because it wasn't a regular item they'd give me a 'good price'. I guess- $14 ea-- so I ordered 2.

Glad I ordered the pair as when they came in they were a little different than what was on there. First thing I noticed was that they were adjustable. Also I had to use a dremel to make them fit- but since they were adjustable & I had them in hand I went for it.

I can get them to wash OK- but I was looking for the chart that says where they should be pointing. I have the tool - bought for my son's Audi- but don't see anything on vwvortex or in my Haynes or Bentley manuals.

Did any of the MKIII Golf/Jetta/Cabrios have adjustable washers?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

"where they should be pointing" the windshield to your personal preference(sorry). And... never saw washers that couldn't be aimed on VW's

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck