fuel pump

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to buy remanufactured fuel pumps/sending units?

Reply to
Adam F

I do not think I would bother. Get a new unit and do not run it low on fuel and it will not require changing again.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

the sending unit has gone bad on mine, the fuel pump still works.

Reply to
Adam F

You want a new sending unit in there and I would seriously consider replacing the pump while I was in there when take open if it is several years old given the trouble it is to replace it at a later date.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes, I want a new sending unit and I know they only sell them as one unit pump and sending unit, but the cheepest I've found one is $280 dollars!

Reply to
Adam F

What kind of truck? I just checked ebay and the pump for my 99 silverado is $115.00.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Adam F

You could check Ebay but GM has patented it and after market has to pay GM a hefty royalty price to make and produce one in aftermarket and hence the steep price. It will only get worse on newer models as GM patents more parts.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
George

I also got a part search price quote of $134 including shipping from Quality Auto Parts in Mobile Alabama....Anyone ever have any transactions with this business?? Of course I am going to call to see exactly what they will send me for that price!

Reply to
Adam F

Here is another source.

manufacturer:

source:
(I've ordered from the three times with excellent results.)

Reply to
News Skimmer