2001 Blazer blinker relay

My blazer developed this "blinker" type noise. We changed the relay switch, but that didn't help at all. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes slow, sometimes not at all, but it always goes off when I step on the brake. Are there any suggestions as what it could be besides letting the dealer take the steering columm apart and charge way too much for labor?

Reply to
jlwblazer