ABS and Brake light

I was on the freeway on my way to work when I looked down and notices the abs light and brake light both are on? anyone know the problem? or what this means? Back brakes seem to working, I used the parking brake to slow down and stop getting off the freeway and worked fine. Had this problem a long time ago, and it turned out to be a bulb, one of the LED's in the thrid brake. any ideas? Thanks, DON

Reply to
Don K

This is just an idea... but if you're not mechanically comfortable with working on the brakes, it would probably be a good idea to have a mechanic take a look at it... you know... so you don't crash head on into someone else while driving the car.

Smart ass remarks aside, you need to ascertain that the brakes are working properly mechanically. After that, worry about the electrical issue.

Reply to
still just me

I checked the brakes, everything looks fine. Fluid level is good, front pads are new, back drums are about 40%.. someone I work with mentioned a vaccuum leak. I have a wierd idle problem sometimes, not all the time, he thinks is vaccuum. Guess this weekend I get to start hunting that down, I hate leaks.... hard to find, unless someone knows a good way....

Reply to
Don K

You might want to get a hold of a Nissan shop manual. They have detailed, step by step procedures to go through the system sensor by sensor. I'm not sure if the AllDataDIY.com has the test procedures in their docs or not. I know my last (factory) ship manual was very detailed in this area... right down to the signal patterns coming into the computer.

Reply to
still just me

still just me wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

a section where you can download Nissan service manuals,one section per 24hr period.You have to register with the site. It also has TSBs for viewing.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

It might help to know what model Nissan your driving

Reply to
NissTech

Go here for a Nissan FSM

LouieG