Front end height

I have a 1998 Chevy W/T 1500 4.3L Auto trans. 4x4 with a Western 7 1/2 ' snowplow.Can the front be raised with the torsion bar adjustment or is there a better way to regain a little height in the front? Also , does anyone know what the "Snowplow Prep Package" from Chevy adds to a w/t 1500 4x4? I'm told I should consider getting a dealer to add this to my truck.

Reply to
Mowse

You can do this, but raising or lowering the front ride height throws the alignment out. You have to have the alignment checked and adjusted after you do something like this. If you are raising the height in order to compensate for the weight of the snowplow....then it becomes more complicated. If you raised the height just enough so that the front end came back down to the normal height "with" the snowplow in place, then in reality....the alignment will stay the same. I would think the best thing to do would be to install the snow plow, take it to an alignment place that can handle this type of thing, have them raise the front height to where you want it, and then adjust the alignment at that height.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to