98 Blazer with rough idle

Hey Guys,

Had some great help here before thought I'd give it another try!

Got a 98 blazer, had some issues running rough for the first 10-20 minutes when first starting it, had it looked at and the engine code read.. Mass Air flow error and repeating misfires.. The shop I had it in wanted to change out the fuel injectors, which Im sure you could guess, is worth more then the truck. So took it home went to work myself.. New mass air flow, and new distributor cap/rotor.. Ran AWESOME for a month..Like a brand new truck.. Then it rained and it went to shit.. Now Im stuck where I was, but it never clears up.. It just idles rough as hell.. I can tell it's still mis firing.. Changed the plugs and wires same thing. Anyone got any ideas? Or am I stuck with an injector problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
cphaed

My guess is its still in the ignition system. You should see the Miss with a timming light if its pick-up/camsensor related. else it might be crossfire between plug wires. also, 1/16 turn to tighten plugs with out gaskets, else you'll crack the insulators.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I have found that bad coils or ignition modules can cause all kinds of these problems. Have you tested fuel pressure? Have you scanned the system for codes or monitored the fuel trim? Can you smell gas? You might want to pick up some cheap noid lights and check to make sure your injectors are firing ok.

Let us know. These problems can be as simple as a cracked plug, shorted wire or even maybe an ignition wire in the wrong location??

Good luck, A.

Reply to
AWN

Take a hard look at the coil for "grey'' streaks around it's body, signs of arcing out the side. Had one give me fits on my '89 Blazer and also one went bad on my '99 Yukon. Had misfires in my Yuk, distrib. was bad at 98k miles. Misfire codes and no others point to secondary ignition probs.

Reply to
Repairman54

Or just get a fine spray bottle, any Walmart has them, and spray water on the ignition wires, coils and so on.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

i think the injectors can be checked with ohm meter. 11.3-12.8 ohms is good.lucas

ds549