99 chevy blazer problem *ABS LIGHT*

ok this morning I started my 99 blazer when I got 2 doors down the street my ABS light came on. While that light was on my trucks speedometer didn't work at all nor did my transmission. It was suck in first gear going about 15 miles an hour. After driving it for about 15 mins up and down the road along with repeated restarts, the light went off while I was driving and then the speedometer started to work. What could have caused this to happen and is it something I should be worried about? also what can I do on my end to help this problem not to happen again (hopefully)

any help would be appreciated...thanks

Reply to
Jason