AC Clutch!

I have a 96 s10 4.3 4x4. The clutch is making bearing noises, I do not know how involved it is to replace the bearings. Also is there anyway to remove the clutch without depressurizing the system? And damn Chevy for making the belt routing with out AC with an extra pulley that will cost $130 to create. Becuase the powersteering bracket is different!!!

Reply to
Xroadz

Robert Ball

12 years ago it was very expensive to get a New replacement compressior. These days it's not that expensive. It's less work to replace the compressior, oil it, and charge the system then it is to go thru replacing the clutch unit or barrings. Charles
Reply to
Charles Bendig

anyway

It is possible to change clutch without loosing refridgerant.

Reply to
SnoMan