Rear Disc Conversion Kits for 98 K2500 GMC Suburban

I want to convert the drum brakes on my GMC Suburban to disc brakes.

Are there any conversion kits?

Thanks.

Reply to
RStuart

So after converting the rear brakes, I would loose the emergency brakes?

Thanks.

Reply to
RStuart

I'm Sure Glad you never had any input in the design of my Chev Avalanche LOL...It come's from factory with rear Disc Brake's

: > Are there any conversion kits? : >

: > Thanks.

There are complete read disc Conversion for your Truck...Just search some of the Performance online shop's or do a Google.com search and I'm sure you well find what you need to know

Reply to
Ironworker

Most Rear Disk Brake kits include a Parking Brake adaptor, or new cables. Usually the ones that do not are RACE ONLY not for street use units. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

the problem, you see, is not the conversion to disk, but the e-brake problem...

Reply to
Zombie Wolf

if memory serves, conversion kits w/ ebrake use the rear calipers out of a '76 Cadillac Eldorado.

hth, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Does he own an identical vehicle to yours ? would he be asking about converting it if he did ? hmmmm. THINK about it. Now, he will NOT have an e-brake if he CONVERTS his to disk. Sure. he would have one if it was manufactured that way .... Do YOU have any suggestions on installing an e-brake on his , after converting ?

Reply to
Zombie Wolf

Zombie Wolf Are you on "Crack" or Something..The emerg Brake is the easy part...Let's see My Avalanche sit's on a Suburban Bed the Trucks are allot alike only for the shell....Now READ what I'm Typing He can convert to rear Disc...Lay the Pipe Down Dude

Reply to
Ironworker