Alingment

I have an 89 k1500 truck I put new ball joints on the passenger side and a new pitman arm on with new tires, all the other front end parts are in good shape normal surface rust nothing bent or otherwise damaged, after an alignment at Sears it pulled to the Right took it back adn they fixed the pull but now in a hard left turn the passenger tire side wall rubs on the lower control arm, I had it back in today and they looked at it and could not figure out what is going on, They asked me to bring it back monday when there GM trained mechanin is on duty, Anyone have any ideas what it might be before I go in? It only does it on a left turn, turn right and it is fine????

Reply to
Jeff

It sounds like:

1: The steering box isn't centered now.

2: Resetting the toe in, to cause the condition you have now, shouldn't have cured the pulling. Unless the toe was all the way out on the left the first time they delivered the vehicle.

Check the tracking, Sears won't have a good scaled tracking gauge. So my advice would be go to a reputable Frame/Uni-Body and alignment shop. If there is a spring shop in your area, try them.

You might have a broken center bolt in the rear leaf springs, or a broken main leaf.

It isn't rocket science, you just need properly versed technicians working on your vehicle. Mass merchandisers is not a good place to find them in large quantity. Although there are some damn good ones out there.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to