Another silly 95 Jimmy question - rear wiper hose routing

Do any of you know exactly where the rear wiper hose for a 95 Jimmy is routed? I can hear the pump but no fluid comes out the rear wiper. I assume the pump is on the side of the tank but from there does it go inside the truck under the door sill or is it under the frame rails, or someplace else?? The roofline?? Anyone???

Thanks! Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

Andrew-if you have available compressed air-unhook the hose at the rear wiper(near rear tailgate lock), blow thru it-you may have something there-, possibly blow both ways if you can. i.e. hose-near wiper base-bolt on towards nozzle and then back- make sure clear. If this doesn't work locate which pump it is in the reservoir tank, pull the hose off and put your compressed air thru this-use judgement on pulling the trigger on the compressed air(if you have). Also as you do this if you can have an assistant watch, in the rear ceiling area near the cargolamp for any fluid leakage there. There is a hose and connector that frequently comes apart there in the ceiling. You may be able to substitute your own 'blow power' by mouth-I'm not sure plus it depends on the blockage. Compressed air is best but be careful. That hose runs over head and then down left rear corner then thru the tailgate but the suspicious spots from my experience are as listed. If your all clear it should work, if not you may have a weak pump(rare)or a leak in another spot not mentioned but rare. But keep in mind if the pump is indeed pumping and you have windshield wiper fluid in the jug-your leak WILL show somewhere. If in doubt about pump strength you can flip flop the 2 pumps in the reservoir-they are the same. This may help you troubleshoot a bad pump. Good luck-I'll bet the problem is listed above here-good luck. Let us know! jerry@peru- motors.com

On Feb 2, 11:22 am, AWN wrote:

Reply to
blazerman

It runs inside the cab. Down along the trans tunnel. When it gets to the rear seat it comes up under the carpet padding down just left of center the pump is on the side of the tank. There is a connection there. Then there is another at the firewall. Inside the line runs down the firewall into the rear wiring harness to the rear gate. There is a 90 degree connector under the trim panel/carpet right at the rear of the floor. Another short line connects to the line in the boot and out into the gate. Then up to another connector at the nozzle. Common problem is the rear connection under the trim plate. and the connector just inside the boot to the gate. If you slide something heavy on the carpet in the back and it shifts the carpet it pulls the connector loose. Another one is if you use the lower grades of washer fluid and don't use the wiper much the nozzle will freeze. Lift the wiper and unhook the nozzle from the arm. Then pull the hose off and try it.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve! It was a cracked fitting leading out from the carpeting up to the elbow by the gate. It's all good now and works perfectly. I was able to *cut* the cracked piece out of the fitting and still use it with no problems. It's amazing how far I can stretch a buck sometimes (cost me a new blade in myutility knife). Thanks! Andrew.

Reply to
AWN