brakes dont brake. HELP!!!

I have a 93 slt jimmy with the 4.3 engine. Two weeks ago, i just got new front brakes. They worked great when i first go them put on. Now, my truck barely stops. My brake pedal barely goes down. To stop, i had to put both of my feet on the brake to stop. But it still barely stops when i do that. I notice i hear an air noise when i hold my brake down. And it doesn't stop making that noise until i let off the brake. Also since this problem has started, twice my truck seemed like it wanted to stall out. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!?! PLEASE HELP ME!

Reply to
JimmyVortex

Sounds like the vacuum booster is leaking at the hose input, or the unit itself. raise the hood and check while someone pushes the brake. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Reply to
Mike Levy

thanks for the post old john. I think it may be the brake unit itself like you said. The truck has 125,000 on it. Im getting it checked out tommorow. I just hope it doesn't cost to much.

Reply to
JimmyVortex