Gear Ratio?

Greetings!

Would anyone know what the "stock" gearing was for a 78 Chev 4X4 1/2 ton PU with a 400 engine?

Thanks! Cub

Reply to
Cub

Probably 3.07's Read the tag that might be hanging off the bottom diff. cover bolt or pull the cover and read the ring gear #'s this will tell you how many teeth are on the ring/pinion gears

Reply to
Mad Dog

Thanks for the reply. I thought they probably are 3.07's too, but I thought on the off chance they might be 3.73's because of the 400. I'll try to check for the tag when the kid leaves it in the driveway long enough.

Thanks! Cub

Reply to
Cub