Hood Latch Conversion

Anyone ever make the hoodlatch on their Jimmy/Blazer/Truck so it was an outside latch? I always liked that feature on my 72 chevelle... Figured if I ever put something nice under the hood I could always rig a hidden lock or something....

~TLGM/KJ

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

No one at all?

Reply to
KJ

I did it on my '78 blazer, but the only reason was a cheap fix. And I don't know if it was the cable dangling, wind resistance, or my horrible fix, but it somehow got enough force to pull the handle hard enough and damn hood flew open @ 60mph. Thank goodness for the safety catch!

If it was up to me, I would now spend the time to fix it correctly or at least have some sort of locking mechanism to keep the handle from getting pulled accidentally!

My .02

Derek

Reply to
derek