Hood release not engaging

I have a 99 Chevy Blazer LS which refuses to release the Hood. I hear a click but the hood won't release from the primary position. If I push the hood back down I hear a click to lock it but if I release it again I cannot pull it up to the secondary position so that I cna use the secondary release lever.

Any ideas on how to get this latch unstuck? I sprayed CRC into the latch mechanism but no joy with that either.

Thanks for any help!

RT

Reply to
Viper126

push down on the hood, have someone else pull the cable and let the hood up. Should open. Once open spray it with the CRC and work it with the cable or a screwdriver then spray some white lithium into it to keep it lubed.

Reply to
Steve W.

That's a real bitch, but try this: have one person pull the latch release arm and you do a few thunks on the hood with your fist...lube up the hood latch when ya gits it open

Had to take off half the front end of a stinking Honda to get it's hood opened once

Reply to
ken

Thanks for all the replys.

Prior to writing this post I had sprayed the latch with CRC. When I went back down to try again it worked fine. Having someone pull the latch while I tried to open the hood didn't work. That was my first though.

Thanks, again!!

Reply to
Viper126

The suggestion was to CLOSE the hood while someone tired to open it.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ