I fixed some parts, now it Idles rough

Ok, so if you have been following my thread (thanks by the way i have received a lot of help). I had a bad fuel regulator on an 89 s10 4.3. I just replaced the upper part of the TBI unit, the fuel meter part which includes the regulator. Truck started up great, however it still idles very rough. I'm fairly certain I solved my problem. Before I could literally see gas dripping from the injector, kinda like a shower. Nice spray, but a lot of drips from the head. Now it sprays nice, and I can barely see the gas.

Idle in park is almost good, it seems a little slow, and after sitting for a while it starts to stumble a bit. However idle in drive is very different. If I come to a stop, the idle slows down a lot and it stumbles really rough. Then it catches itself for a second, then stumbles again.

I was driving with the bad regulator for about a month. It ran good at driving speed, but at stop I would have to keep one foot on the gas, and one on the brake.

So I was wondering if I messed up my O2 sensor from running soo rich for a month. I just replaced my O2 about 4 months ago.

Or does the computer need to be reset, or just need time to learn the new fuel mix.

Do I need to adjust anything? IAC?

Thanks

Reply to
jiimi

After I changed the Tbi on my 89 s10 4.3 (

) .. it ran Ruff... until I read that I must Take out the ECM fuse to kill the computer memory. Wait 5 minutes .. put Fuse Back in and then Drive the truck so the Computer Can LEARN again..

Reply to
tom

Where is the ECM fuse located? do I have to drive a special routine to reprogram? thanks

Reply to
jiimi

Fuse panel. Nope just drive normally.

Check your EGR valve for carbon as well. It can cause rough idle. Also make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks.

Reply to
Steve W.

Just disconnect your battery for 5 minutes.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Then you have to reset the clock and the Radio.

Reply to
tom