Jeep Comanche 5 speed transmission cost?

My 1989 Jeep Comanche's manual 5-speed transmission went out this week. Only

90K on the vehicle.. The first quote for tranny rebuild came in at 2600 (including new clutch). I couldn't believe it.. For a manual transmission that sounded too pricy.. Apparently it's a Peugeot BA 10/5 transmission which the guy tells me is more costly then the more standard AX-15 tranny. What is a reasonable cost for rebuild of the Peugeot BA 10/5 plus new clutch and slave cylinder? A second place says 1800 for the work but that still seems like a lot.. Are both these quotes way off?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Hogland

without kknowing the condition of the transmission components, I'd say

2400-3000 depending on how much needs replaced

the BA-series units are cost-intensive when they break

transmission

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Damn, good thing I just got it rebuilt for 1800 then.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Hogland