Has anyone fixed the POS internal clutch slave cylinder prob?

I notice no one seems to have used advance adapters part. Has anyone here had good results with any other after market slave cylinder? or external slave conversion?

Reply to
Simon Juncal

I am still working on my original clutch slave, and thank God I had the good sense to wait until 1995 to buy a short wheel base Jeep! If that slave ever goes bad I can replace it without dropping the transfer case and transmission, and maybe even without getting my hands (very) dirty! Conventional wisdom says for poor unfortunates in your situation to convert to a 1994 or later bell housing, but this depends to a great extent on which transmission and engine you have. If you have the AX-15 already, then I would go for the later bell housing from a junk yard. If you have the POS BA-10 or AX-5 and you are happy with it, maybe the Advance Adapters part will work for you. From the blurb on their web site, it is the greatest thing since sex...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Earle Horton wrote: > I am still working on my original clutch slave, and thank God I had > the good sense to wait until 1995 to buy a short wheel base Jeep! If > that slave ever goes bad I can replace it without dropping the > transfer case and transmission, and maybe even without getting my > hands (very) dirty! Conventional wisdom says for poor unfortunates in > your situation to convert to a 1994 or later bell housing, but this > depends to a great extent on which transmission and engine you have. > If you have the AX-15 already, then I would go for the later bell > housing from a junk yard. If you have the POS BA-10 or AX-5 and you > are happy with it, maybe the Advance Adapters part will work for you. > From the blurb on their web site, it is the greatest thing since > sex...

I couldn't find it on their website (found three external slaves for Jeeps though) you wouldn't have a link would you?

Reply to
Simon Juncal

It doesn't appear to be on their clutch parts page

Better call one of their sales people and see if they still stock it.

Earle

---snip---

Reply to
Earle Horton

yep looks like I'll have to it's no where to be found in the pdf. I hate to spend the money right now but I might be looking at a NV transmission swap if I can find a decent one and place to do it... it's out of my limited skill range and tool access.

Reply to
Simon Juncal