Know what this is and how to fix??

Mark, Go to a autoelectric shop. they should have it. it is called a T-92 terminal and housing. you may have to modifie the housing or flaten the the blade on the ambient switch if they don't have the right housing. if nothing else contact me and give me a address where to send it. I'll make one up for you.

Reply to
jimauto

This post is about a '85 Chevy Blazer w/ 6.2L diesel. There is another post in here about "glow plug wire" and this is what I ma referring to in the pics at this link (link is from webshots under folder called glow plug and has captions talking about pic):

Went to the dealer today to figure out what this is. They are pretty sure it is an ambient switch and the plastic piece in the pics is the female connector. The problem I have had is that in the mornings after the truck has not run after a while, the light for my glow plus won't come on until I mess (wiggle) the wire around. This is a hard piece to get to, but tonight I pulled the plug, wrapped electrical tape around and see if that does me any good.

My question is, does anyone know what this is? How to resolve my problem? Can I get a new one of the plugs shown somewhere other than a junk yard? Dealer said they weren't available, but I am thinking otherwise as it seems I have seen this type of plug on other vehicles. Thanks for any and all help.

Reply to
Mark G.

That is the glow plug cut-off switch connector, GM installed that switch so when the engine was above 130 degrees the glow plugs would not cycle when you restart. There was a service bulletin for people who had hard starting with warm engine, GM changed that switch from a thermally active sensor to a dummy sensor. The easiest way to repair it would be to cut the connector off and splice the two wires together, after you do that you will find the glow plugs will cycle even when the engine is hot. I also own a 85 Blazer diesel

Reply to
WBucha

So then would I directly wire that to that switch? Those wires aren't a positive and a negative? How does you 6.2L run? What kind of gas mileage do you get with it? I get about 24-28 mpg depending on driving situation.

Reply to
Mark G.

Reply to
Mark G.