lights out on dashboard on old chevy

Everytime I hit a bump my dashboard lights go dim but another bump will bring them back on full bright............

Where is the ground wire that handles my dashbaord lights on an 85 S10 Chevy Blazer?

Reply to
don

There isn't really a single wire. Remove cluster, replace all bulbs while you're at it, and clean off contact areas on printed circuit board and fixed dash contacts.

Reply to
Augustus

can you get the same thing to happen by gently moving the dash lights dimmer switch? My 92 Explorer acts similar to yours and it's clearly the rotating dimmer part of the headlight switch that is the weak point.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

ok - maybe thats the problem........ thanks

Reply to
don