Miles or kilometers?

I have a 79 K5 Blazer, Probably canadian version, that has large white letters on the speedo that are in MPH, and smaller blue ones in kilometers. The question is, what is the odometer calibrated to?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Christopher

I believe the odometer is always calibrated to read according to the large numbers on the outer scale; in your case it should be Miles. If you have measured miles posted on your freeways, you could easily check it out.

John

Reply to
John

Well, a truck that old might have close to 300,000 km on it; it won't have that many miles, for sure, more like 150,000 or so.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Don't be so sure... My 1984 Dodge B250 Van had over 485,000 miles on it when it was last parked... Many parts have been replaced over the years, including the engine and tranny. But we *are* talking odometer readings here.

Yes...485K miles. It had 425K or so when Dad turned it over to me in

1993. He did indeed put over 45k per year on that van.

Chrysler must build one Hell of a 3/4 ton rear axle, because that thing still works, with only a hint of noise/vibration at interstate speeds, and none under 50mph.

~jp

Warren Oates wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

We have 3 GMC trucks with high mileage one with 286,000 one has 233,000 and the other has 189,000 all have original engine two of them never had any repairs to them one we put valve seals in it. Take care of them they run forever... we don't run our low mileage trucks too much.

Reply to
69SScamaro