New Tires

I need new tires on my 2000 4x4 gmc truck

I am never in the dirt so I want good quiet tires for the road. what are the best tires for this

Reply to
Brett Long

Go with Michelin LTX M/S. Not one of the cheaper tires on the market, but long wearing, quiet, and good handling!

Reply to
Shades

Ditto what Shades said.

Jerry H.

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton

I bought my truck with almost brand new Michelin LTX M/S tires on it when i got it.. (like 3k miles) and I've put on 7k miles since I've had it.. and honestly i can't hardly tell they are waring much.. And they are a quiet tire.

Reply to
Adair Winter

I'll 3rd the LTX. The guys at the tire joint said I'd get great mileage with them.

60K later I think their just starting to wear. hmm maybe I should rotate them.....

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

they're on my truck too.

Reply to
alasatian

Mine have about 40K so far, still have a decent amount of tread as well. Great quiet tires, decent snow traction that got me to work with no problems, even before the plows hit the streets in last winter's big snow storm in the NW suburbs of Washington DC.

The only rotating I have done is driving the truck every day. Seems to be working fine.

David

Reply to
David Modine