PO740 code '97 Blazer

97 Blazer w/115k miles on it. Have this code po740 which is lock up clutch in the converter circuit. The trans. I have is 4L60E. Is this something I can repair myself or do I need to take her in. Thanks.
Reply to
Gary BOBHOLZ via CarKB.com

Shep

Good enough.....thanks for the info.

Reply to
Gary BOBHOLZ via CarKB.com

Could someone give me an estimate of what this may cost to repair? Min. to maximum. Thanks.

Reply to
Gary BOBHOLZ via CarKB.com

Not sure,but sounds like a spendy bill to me.That`s a lot of miles on the 4L60E. Don`t know anyone that`s had that many miles on one. Just my 2 cents!

Reply to
Bill

My 95 K1500 w/4L60E has 244,000 miles on it - never been touched except 2 filter changes.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Just did a recent scan....codes are the PO740,PO753,PO758. Used the code reader from Autozone.........on the way home from there the service light went off. Should I still be concerned about this problem and should I still take it in? Thanks.

Reply to
Gary BOBHOLZ via CarKB.com