Programming Remotes for an 04

A few days ago someone had a post about programming remotes for an 98 Suburban I think. I have an 04 2500HD and my significant other lost a remote already. My truck has the memory seats, mirrors, radio, etc... so the remotes are numbered. I called the dealer and they want $20 for the remote (not too insane) but want $65 (one hour of labor) to "program it".

Does anyone know if there is a fast easy way to program the remote for this truck or do I really have to eat $65 and take it to the dealer?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
Rocketman

Get in the truck (make sure you have both remotes with you) and close the doors.

Put the key in the ignition, hold down the power unlock switch on the door panel and cycle the ignition on then off 2 times.

Release the lock switch and the power locks should cycle to confirm you are in programming mode

Hold down the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote you want programmed for Remote 1, after about 15 seconds the locks should cycle to confirm the programming.

Repeat step 4 (sorry, I didn't number them, can you count?) for each transmitter to be programmed, then label them as 1, 2, 3 and 4, in the order they were programmed.

Turn the key to the RUN positi>A few days ago someone had a post about programming remotes for an 98

Reply to
Mike Levy

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a shot. Also, since there are fewer than 10 steps I should be ok with the counting thing ;-)

Later,

Mike Levy wrote:

etc...

Reply to
Rocketman

Mike, Your directions worked great! Thanks a ton! When I asked the dealer this they told me it took 1 hour and I would have to bring it in to them. This saved me $65! Thanks again.

Tom

Mike Levy wrote:

etc...

Reply to