rear door on my '96 Blazer won't release

My rear door(on my '96 Blazer) will not release . I press the remote and I have tried the key . Both failed to release the window so I could open the door. My question is where is the maual release if there is one and can I get it from inside the vehicle

Reply to
Jim Rowlands

Of our four Blazers so far, not one has *not* gotten to the point where the rear window release dies. As of about three this afternoon, I can vouch for the fact that whacking on it with a pair of horse trimming nippers doesn't help.

We've always just given up and replaced the whole assembly - pain in the ass to get at if you can't get the thing open one more time, usually doable in the older ones by wiggling and finagling until it releases, don't know about a '96. Most helpful thing I can tell you is you're far from alone, and that once you get the damn thing open they're no big deal to replace (unless they've added "improvments" to the newer ones...;>)

Reply to
Cricket