REAR SUSPENSION CONCERNS

I have a '91 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 (axle under leaf suspension). I added helper springs to the back (between the stock springs and axel), but after reassembly I realized that the leaf center pin now doesn't extend down into the axel - just into the helper spring. Is this a matter of concern? is the leaf center bolt just for alignment? (it's aligned right where it was) or will my axel try to slip from its position now that its not resting on that center pin?

advice would be appreciated before I tear back into the truck to undo it.

thanks.

Reply to
ghost

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Shep

It has to come back apart and you will need longer center bolts. Without that locater pin the springs can shift around. Where did you get the helpers from? Most of the kits I've seen include longer bolts.

Reply to
Steve W.