Ranger Suspension

I bought a used 2000 Ranger 4x2 XLT Supercab 4dr in '01 with 7,000 miles on it. Within the first couple of week I noticed the while looking at it from behind one side was lower than the other. In my very unscientific way I got a tape measure and measured from the ground up to the top, center of the rear wheel opening. 2.5" in difference. (BTW I should state the truck has a tow package on it but I use the truck as a commuter vehicle. Very light "truck" use). The dealer replaced both rear leaf springs. Remeasured and within .5 of each other. 20,000 miles later it's doing the same thing. Brought it back to the dealer and this time they put shims in the right front and rear springs. The truck is now level but rides like a brick. Worst is hitting any bump while turning it feels as if the truck is skating across the road.

Has anyone seen / heard of this before? Is shimming accepted repair for this issue?

Thank all in advance.

Reply to
Jim