Tips on removing emissions control on 87 Silverado.

I have a 1987 Chevy Silverado with 350 cid engine. I want to remove all of the emissions control equipment. Does anyone have any tips? How will this effect the way the engine runs? Will I have to replace any electronic parts to make it run properly?

Reply to
someone

Removing the catalytic convertor is a violation of the clean air act. Leave it on.

Don't f*ck with shit that you know nothing about.

This will change a whole bunch of shit.

Only if you want to keep you emissions controls.

Reply to
George

Your ECM (computer) will have a shit fit if you yank all the emissions stuff. Unless you plan on getting a modded PROM that is "missing" the emissions portion of the programming, I wouldn't bother.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Once you start a project like that you can't half-ass it...... if the vehicle is fuel injected prepare to lay out the cash for a stand-alone fuel management computer and early non-computer controlled distributor. I would suggest a cost efficient remedy for your truck by investing in a aftermarket prom chip, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, injector and throttle body spacer, uncork the air-box, dual exhaust with low restriction cats and mufflers and ignition upgrades. I'm not sure why you wish to remove the emissions other than the obvious reasons like increased performance........

Reply to
Mad Dog