Tire Recommendations - 2001 Tahoe

Anyone have any great tire recommmends for a 2001 Tahoe that is used for horse trailering in the Northeast pulling a 3000 pound load? Looking for something that is great in rain especially. All replies gratefully received...

Thanks.......Art

Reply to
art

As far as stock size tires go I'm partial to Toyos. They hold up well off road, have adequate load ratings, and the best part is they wear like iron. My old man's been running them on his 3/4 ton Silverado for

15-20 years and he's abused the hell out of them and never had a complaint.
Reply to
Ledfoot

My '99 Yuk had a set of Toyo Open Country's on it when I bought it. Those tires were the worst hydroplaning POS I've ever had the bad luck of driving on. Good tire in the dry but hit the slightest puddle and you felt like you where in a Escort with baldies on it. BFG A/T on it now, a little harder ride but wet / snow grip is leagues ahead.

Reply to
Repairman

Michelin ltx m/s it's like the roads are always dry

Reply to
18436572

hmmmmm i have toyo's open country and have NOT noticed the problem said here on wet pavement. i love my toyo's there on a 2000 z71

Reply to
Charles H.

Reply to
George

There isn't a question or an option.. take a look at Michelin product line. Nobody builds a better tire. I've got LTX A/T's on mine but if you're never off road you'll probably prefer something like the Cross Terrain or the LTX M/S... I had a set of those on my 2000 Tahoe before my A/T's... Nothing will come close to traction, ride or wear as Michelins...

Reply to
Wes

I'll second the LTX.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Go to

and look over the reviews there. Also there is a tire configurator that is helpful. Me I like Dayton tires, were like iron and love snow and rain.

Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

On 2003-11-16 15:59:19 -0500, "Martin Riddle" said: Me two or three!

Reply to
House

Goodyear GSA

Reply to
Picasso

"Get Stuck Anywhere"...at least that's what the Jeep guys call 'em. Used to be stock tires on the Wrangler's.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

I've pretty well settled on the BFG ATs (235/85R16) on my truck. They perform well in well, all terrain, pavement, snow, dirt, mud, etc., have reasonable service life and aren't too expensive (7 at a pop is still $$).

Reply to
Pete C.

BFG AT KO's on my '99 Yukon. 50k miles, 6/32nd's of tread left on them. New measurement was 16/32. No complaints, still have good snow grip at less than 1/2 worn. Never had any issues with any BFG tire I've owned.

I'll second the GSA's comment, had them on a S blazer. They suck, hydroplane on slush easy too......

Reply to
Repairman

i also run BFG ATS on my 1999 tahoe and 1989 ford bronco and 2000 jeep xj cherokee absolutly the best tire for the price in my applications OF ROCK, MUD AND HIGHWAY.

old john

Hello, Pete! You wrote on Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:04:48 GMT:

PC> Old Crow wrote: ??>>

??>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:59:42 -0400, Picasso wrote: ??>>

??>>> House wrote: ??>>>> On 2003-11-16 15:59:19 -0500, "Martin Riddle"

??>>>> said: ??>>>> Me two or three! ??>>>>> I'll second the LTX. ??>>>>>

??>>>>>>> Thanks.......Art ??>>>>

??>>> Goodyear GSA ??>>

??>> "Get Stuck Anywhere"...at least that's what the Jeep guys call 'em. ??>> Used to be stock tires on the Wrangler's.

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

I have a 2004 Yukon and am still running the original tires, Firestone Wilderness LE, and have over 62,000 miles on them. Will be putting new ones on soon and am reading all your recommendations. I plan to go back to the Firestones unless I read something that changes my mind.

I pulled a 10 x 12 trailer from Texas to Ohio several times and it was loaded to the hilt with our furniture. Also drove thru the snow storm in Cincinnati around Christmas a year or two ago and have no complaints. We did as good as any 4 wheel drive. I can't say enough about the Yukon or the tires.

Reply to
Silverado

10 X 12 is over width where I am from. Steve
Reply to
Up North

I still prefer the Goodyear Workhorse Extra Grips... i run these on every vehicle big enough now... they wear so well, and have such a good tread...

Reply to
Picasso

Have you checked out the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor? Similar to the regular Wrangler, but add a Kevlar belt and has a different tread design. Goodyear rates it quieter with better traction under all condition than the regular Wrangler tires. I put a set on my '06 Duramax dually last month.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Recer

The trailer I pulled is a 6 x 12. Didn't proof read it well enough. sorry.

Reply to
Silverado