Tranmission filters???

Is there any difference in filters, gaskets, are seals between dealership and your local autozone type stores other than price?

I was having problem with my transmission and someone told me to change the filter and stuff in it.So being that I never have done this before I bought the kit at a dealer ship and for the 3 items (above) it cost $55 I thought this was high but I told myself at least I know it will fit like it should.I called down to autozone just to see what a they charged for the items and it was something like $15. So I install the one I got at the dealership with the felling I got rapped.

Reply to
kdm75

You were taken but chalk it up as a learning experience (albeit a very costly one). I just buy name brand filters at my auto parts store and they wotk just fine.

Reply to
Rich B

That's what I thought but now I know next time I'll go to local autozone and get the stuff now that I know what all to get. Thanks Rich

Reply to
kdm75