Used engine year range

I have a 1999 Suburban 1500 with the 5.7L engine. I need to put a used engine in it. Wife drove the old one with no oil for 15 miles. It leaked out of a loose oil cooler line.

Were can I find what year motors will work with vehicle?

Thanks

Reply to
dtrumbower
1996-1999 OBD-II 350 engines.

Reply to
Shades

You could use one out of a 2000 3500 to because they were still old body style. I would stay with a 98 or 99 if possible and relpace the intake manifold seals before you install it in vehicle as they are known to leak with age.

SnoMan