1994 acura legend L radio code?

I just bought a 1994 acura legend L coupe and radio is flashing code. Anyway to ge the code online with my vin #? Thanks!:)

Reply to
:

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (:\) :\)) wrote in news:3599-4426F817-345@storefull-

3336.bay.webtv.net:

Nope. Dealer only.

TeGGeR®

I recently sold my 02 rsx radio on ebay, and wanted to include the code. I found a couple of websites that will supply you with the codes for a price, typically 12$ or so. Google them if a dealer isn't handy. In the end I just took a drive down to the dealer, got it for free.

Reply to
Burnt

Burnt@ut wrote in news:2006032722215216807-Burnt@utnet:

I emailed that site asking a few simple questions:

1) How is it that you are able to obtain these codes? 2) Are you an authorized Honda/Acura dealer? 3) How do you determine that a code requester is the legal owner of the radio? 4) Where are you located (state, city)? 5) Do you operate a brick-and-mortar operation under another business name?

So far all I've got back is an "only the owner can answer those questions" reply, and the owner has not yet responded. In the same reply they asked me to add a special link to the FAQ so their Google rankings would rise. (I didn't add the link).

I'm not prepared to assume they're legit because they have absolutely no way of knowing if you're the legitimate owner of the radio. You could swipe somebody else's radio, pay the site for the code and resell the radio to an unscrupulous body shop.

What I also discovered just today is that Acura dealers (in Canada anyway) have a policy of NOT charging you to retrieve your radio code, provided you show up with the necessary documentation and numbers and they don't have to pull the radio. Cool or what?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Yea, they sound pretty bogus. I wouldn't add them to your faq if I were you. Just another con artist trying to make a few cents off of suckers.

Definitely cool! My recent experience along this line was a very positive one - I even offered to pay them after they gave me the number, but they didn't want it. It took the parts guy all of about 35 seconds to find the number on his computer.

Now if we could just convince acura to put decent radios in the rsx's...

Reply to
Burnt

Burnt@ut wrote in news:2006033021060311272-Burnt@utnet:

I did add them, but as part of a warning (and no active link). :)

TeGGeR®