94 Acura Integra Cranking Does Not Start

I just bought a 94 Acura Integra last week and it was running fine. But today after using it in the morning it will not start but the engine was cranking. I was'nt able to determine if it is a fuel or electrical problem. But later in the night I was able to make it start. It was hot here today 32 degrees celcius(90F) and I wonder if this is heat related. I will appreciate any help/tips/experiences/fix from anyone who had similar problem.

Frank

Reply to
frank tomken

frank tomken wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

When you first turn the key to ON (but not START), do hear the fuel pump running while the Check Engne light is on?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

frank tomken wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Main relay is my first choice.Its internal solder joints crack and become intermittent. It's under the dash on the driver's side. You can resolder it or buy a new one for ~$50.

Jim Yanik

Thanks everybody for the quick responnse. Like I said the car was running this morning. And I paid attention to the fuel pump and I can hear it coming from the rear of the car right? Like a low whirr sound. And this afternoon the car did not want to start and I can't hear that whirrr sound. I found the main relay that was described in the Mark1.f9.co.uk. web page on main relay and I'll take a look for cold solder joint. If it is I should be able to fix this as I am an electronics tech myself. Thanks again everyone! Wish me luck. I hope this is it.

Frank

Reply to
frank tomken

frank tomken wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

As long as you have it out,just resolder all the joints,one at a time. You might not be able to recognize the bad joint,and you eliminate any other joints from going bad in the near future..

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I did resolder those joints and so far so so good. The car starts flawlessly all the time. I'll give myself it one more week before I can safely conclude that it's fixed.

Thanks everyone! Where would I be with this problem if not for the internet/newsgroup?

Frank

Reply to
frank tomken