How to Rid Key-in Reminder Beep ?

How to Rid Key-in Reminder Beep ? di di di di di.... Seems pointless to me and quite annoying - anyone has idea how to do this ?

thanks

2004 TSX
Reply to
klara

"klara" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

It's pointless to me as well, but there are those who like it because they believe it helps prevent them from accidentally leaving the key in when they leave (or lock) the car.

The beeper in the RSX is controlled by the Multiplex Control Unit. There is a switch that specifically tells the Multiplex Unit that a key has been inserted in the ignition (closed=inserted). I suppose if you removed the steering column covers, you will find the equivalent switch in the TSX. Unplug it and the MCU should think there's no key. However...what that would do to your immobilizer I cannot say.

As an alternative, you could simply unsolder the piezo-electric beeper itself from the MCU's circuit board. It's the same kind of beeper used on computer motherboards. Removal would silence all audible warnings.

The MCU is also the under-dash fuse block.

Reply to
TeGGeR®