Iridium plugs for a '01 TL

My '01 TL has over 86,000km on it. The plugs are supposed to be inspected and possibly replaced at 96,000km or 48 months. I already put some NGX Iridium IX plugs in my bike. Now, I'm thinking of putting some in the TL. Any comments?

Also, I've never changed plugs on this car. Is there anything special about the procedure? My standard procedure is: Pull wire, clean around plug with compressed air, remove plug, oil thread on new plug, install and torque new plug, proceed to next plug. Anything else?

Reply to
Venture Rider

NGK or Denso Iridiums are great plugs and should work well for you.

Nothing special about modern Honda spark plug changes. Just be careful and clean. I never put any oil, etc. on the threads. One other thought is to put a small dab of dielectric grease around the inside of each boot before putting it back over the new plugs.

John

Reply to
John Horner

That car has aluminum heads. Make sure you do the change with the engine stone cold. That's the only way you'll have the least chance of removing some of the cylinder head threads. If you have a tight one, douse it with some penetrant oil before removing and take it very easy. Installation should include a dab of anti-sieze on the plug, not oil. Oil will coke off and grip the plug.

Reply to
SilverStude

Venture Rider wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Better to use aluminum-based anti-seize rather than oil.

Also, watch the plugs at the rear. On most FWD V6 cars they can be difficult to get at, and can be easy to break. You may have to invest in a U-joint or two for your tool set.

Reply to
TeGGeR®