Re: Toyota 06' Highlander power window lift arm pops out of track ?

Left rear door, power window, suddenly stops going up and down. Power window motor runs the lift arm moves up and down. The glass can be slid manually up and down. But no auto-power window lifting.

I pulled the trim and the lift arm has a square piece of plastic that slips into metal channel at bottom of the glass. The lift arm had popped out. I was able to slip the lift arm into the track from the end of the metal channel. The channel appears to have a special flared end that makes slipping the lift arm in easy when you get it into the proper position.

**BUT** lift arm pops back out within 3 up/down window cycles ?

Can not figure out what happen / Why ... The arm seems straight there have been no wrecks or damage to the door. The lift motor mechanism does not appear to have any adjustments. Nothing appears to have broken or bent anywhere ?

Any ideas about what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

robb

P.S. apologies for cross post on a non-toyo site. The toyo sites have very little traffic and most of it is religio-phobic-ranting.

Reply to
robb