75 Fox

I had an '75 Audi Fox for two years while I was in college. It was my second car (first was a '69 Chevelle SS - 396????). I absolutley loved that car! It was fast, handled very well and was loaded with features that most Americans were still dreaming of ( FWD, fuel injection, dual diagonal braking circuits, rack and pinion steering, etc.) The only problem that I ever had with the car, beside rust was the ground connection for the electric fuel pump. I suppose that road salt had a lot to do with that.

I would love to hear from others who experienced the wonders of this forgotten treasure!

Reply to
JAMES DELLOCONO

IIRC Yes it was also reported that it kicked a## when racing the only true American sportscar at the time, the Chevy Corvette, on a curvey course NOT a straightaway. 8^) The Corvette had to be very heavily modified to be able to just beat the Fox on that same course! Not bad for a "grocery getter" huh? lol

later, dave

83 Audi 4KS 91 Passat Past vehicles 73 Fox (aka model 80?) 75 Fox 78 Fox and of course it's relatives (Dashers, Passats and Audi 4000s)

Reply to
Dave

While I was too young to drive my parents had a 76 Fox that my dad enjoyed driving all the time. Unfortunately it met its demise when a drunk teenager ran into it while it was parked in front of our house.

Aar

Reply to
Aaron Daniel

Reply to
Maria

To: "JAMES DELLOCONO" Re: 75 Fox By: "JAMES DELLOCONO" to alt.autos.audi on Sat Sep 20 2003 06:16 am

I was working on these cars when they where under warranty! :) I guess we are both telling our age.

--- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.43 * Friends of Bill W - Raytown,MO - telnet://friendsofbillw.dyndns.org

Reply to
Kcvwdoc