gas cap door jammed

Today I was about out of gas and could not get the door open to the gas cap. I started the car and repeatedly pushed the button to open the door, but it is jammed. I tried to pry the door to the gas cap open, but it is stuck. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
Simon's Home

There is usually a manual release in the trunk for the door. Also, rather than pulling or prying on the door, try pushing on it or whacking it.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

RTFM.

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

My nephew figured it out. The panel on the right side of the trunk was released which allowed us to see the white release module that allows the gas door to open. On the front side of the small white box is a metal teeth mechanism that can be pulled out of the white box disengaging the door. Now I can put gas in my car.

Reply to
Bailey, Joan and Dan

This is also a recall item on 2006 - 07 V70, XC70, S60, AND XC90.

Reply to
Big P