Headlight bulb replacement

Hi I have a 2000 Ford Mondeo Verona hatchback. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find how to change the bulbs in the headlights. I have no idea how to tackle this.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
ricky

If its anything like the Cougar you might need to remove the whole headlight unit (only 3 screws).

I'd guess there is more room on the Mondeo though so this probably won't be required - there is an access panel on the back of the light unit.

Someone with a Mondy will clarify shortly I expect.

Reply to
DougP

Unclip the plastic cups (panels) on the back of the headlamp unit. Metal flexclip is at the top of each headlamp assembly.

On my 1998 Ghia X, there is sufficient access to remove both plastic cups without removing the whole assembly. Each bulb is held in by a metal clip that needs to be freed, prior to removal of the lamp. Easier to disconnect the +12V positive spade clip first.

Pre-2000 facelift: H7 x 4 (both dipped and main beam used H7) Post-2000 facelift: H7 x 2, H1 x 2 (dip beam is H7, main beams are H1)

While you're at it, try putting in some Philips VisionPlus or Osram Silverstar bulbs. I was initially very sceptical, but the Osrams that I bought after reading the relevant article in AutoExpress recently, seem much brighter.

Oddly, since I replaced the rear shockers, they point (brightly) towards the ground! I think both headlamps need to be realigned so that the beams on 'dip' hit the ground further ahead from the vehicle!

Hope this helps!

Best,

Alan One dodgy Mondeo Ghia X - 122,000 miles

Reply to
Alan Dempster

correctly fitted normal type shock absorbers would not change the ride height. changing the springs would.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hey Mr Cheerful...

Well, the gas shockers were...ummm...shot.

So with 2 new shox on the back, the ride height is certainly higher.

So I'm guessing that the nose is now pointing slightly more towards the ground!

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Alan Dempster

Those Gas shocks must have quite a considerable amount of pressure then !!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "Alan Dempster" contains these words:

They must have got stuck then, 'cos dampers have no effect on ride height, except on things like Allegros and Citroens.

Reply to
Guy King
:

Hmm... but on the new ones, the pistons rose naturally to the top, even before they were fitted.

Seems that the extra bit of 'keen-ness' to fully extend under no load was enough to level the arse end of my car. Just need to adjust the headlamps to compensate now.

Still, with 122,000 miles on the clock, I *really* should get round to buying that Mk. III TDCi Ghia X sometime v. soon!

Regards

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dempster