a6 1.9 tdi 85000 miles - noise from aircon

Hi there,

My a6 has started making a noise like a loud fan, coming from under bonnet not sure where yet. seems to happen when the weathers hotter and most often when the cars parked on idle. the noise stops when i turn off the cc after a couple of seconds, comes back if i have the cc on.

Any ideas what problem could be?

rgds Dan

Reply to
Dan

So open the hood some day and take a look. My bet is you're hearing the radiator fans turning on to take up the extra heat load the cc produces under the hood...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

That is what it is supposed to do. The radiator fan always runs when the AC is on (and Defrost too)

Reply to
Tony Johnson

Hi,

Had the car a couple of years and this has just started happening. The noise is really loud like an air raid siren (tho' you cant hear it that much from inside), its loud enough that people have stared at my car in the street!

I think ill be taking it the dealers, its loudest in front of the radiator near the air intake pipe. If i switch to ECON the noise stops too.

rgds Dan

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
darren

Hi there,

I think you guys are right about this, seems to be a really hot year in uk. saw the following on aw sounds like the samething, guess a few people have noticed it:

Dan

Reply to
Dan