ACCESSORY KEY POSTION

I have a 2000 A4 Quattro. My question to you is when you turn the car off is the radio supposed to stay on? My VW Jetta did this and I thought the Audi would do the same. Only when I take out the key in the Jetta did the radio go off.. My Audi does not seem to have a accessory position for the key to listen to the radio without putting the key in the on position as it would be if the car were running. I did check the owners manual but it is not very clear. Any help would be great. This is my first Audi so I'm still learning.

Reply to
tgenzi via CarKB.com

Try this: put the key in, switch it to the Run position, turn on the radio, then turn the key to the Off position. Then turn on the radio again.

On my S4 with the Symphony-Bose audio, this allows the radio to play for roughly 90 minutes...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

"tgenzi via CarKB.com" wrote

You don't have to have the key in the ignition at all. Just press the power button on the radio at any time and it'll start playing.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Hey thanks alot it works just like you said. I guess I missed that in the owners manual. Feeling pretty stupid! Tom

Reply to
tgenzi via CarKB.com