Audi 5000s problem

My 5k is blowing gas and oil back into the air filter. What have I blown up?

Reply to
tony osborne

I thought a bit is normal (via the breather pipes), but I am not an expert,

Christoph

Reply to
Christoph Bollig

Tony, Given the bare minimum info you have given us...like year, does it start, run, turn over, flash codes, etc. etc. I'd have to say that you might have a blown engine - busted valves and pistons allowing blowby and gas to enter intake on compression stroke. You might also have a rodent's nest in the tailpipe. try

or
or
(search the archives there) Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - no gas in air filter 1980 Audi 5k - ditto
Reply to
Steve Sears

The car runs and tachs up fine. The gas milage sux. The power is fine until I hit the slightest incline, then it barely goes. It does not smoke unless revved high.

Reply to
tony osborne

Losing power on hills is an indication of a fuel filter that needs replacing on the four type 44 N/As that I have owned.

T> The car runs and tachs up fine. The gas milage sux. The power is fine

Reply to
TonyJ