Cabriolet - 1995 - 'M' reg.

I have an electrical problem that doesn't make sense - at least to me it doesn't !! The rear foglight won't go out. As soon as the lighting switch goes into position 1 (side & tail lights) - the rear fog comes on (and the LED in the switch illuminates too. So - I removed the switch - it is STILL on. So - I removed the *front* foglamp switch as well - it is STILL on. But - with both switches back on the panel, once I turn the engine on, then not only is the rear foglamp on, but the rear fog switch operates the front foglights !! Obviously, there's a fault somewhere, but I can't work out where it could be. As far as I can ascertain (I don't have a Cabriolet wiring diagram, only an A4 diagram which *should* be the same) , the +12v wire from the output of the rear-foglight switch goes direct to the lamp - no relays or any other connections - so ...... if the light still comes on when the switch is removed, I assume that the wire must be picking up +12v from another wire (rear or licence plate feed maybe) somewhere along the way ? May be the loom in the boot (trunk) lid, but before I start to dismantle the rear end of the car, can anyone confirm that there are NO relays or any other branch connections in the Grey/White wire between the rear fog switch (pin 6) and the actual bulb in the boot (trunk) lid ??

Many thanks. D.V.

Reply to
deeveetemp2

Sorted !!! It was the b****y stupid wiring loom that does a 90 degree bend everytime the boot lid opens, and therefore eventually breaks all the wires. A mere =A3105.00 + vat to replace !!

Reply to
deeveetemp2

....or, you could splice in some wire that can take the flexing, or make a loop so that it isn't subjected to such bending stress. BTDT on all 4 doors and the trunk on my 1987 5ktq. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears