DSG - CAN'T undersSTAND AUDI'S POLICY!

Why on earth can't they just fit DSG into A4s and A6s? Our turbos would benefit so very much from not suffering lag on gearing up!

Is it they do not trust their own technology? I had been hoping at least the new A6 would have DSG as an option, but apparently it's not going to. Now, since manual Audi sticks suck and Tiptronic seems to be so much slower than DSG, why do you figure they are now fitting lazy Volkswagen Touran Combis with DSG?

And why, would they make a Seat Cupra with the same engine as the S3? Oh Man, Oh Man. Soon, we'll be seeing cheapo Skodas with DSG before our legitimate Audis have it...

I was very willing to buy a new A6 30 TDI, but the way things are going I will thing twice, now.

JP Roberts

Reply to
JP Roberts

Oops sorry! Typos: might, think.

"JP Roberts" escribió en el mensaje news:c1b9f8$il9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ya.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

The 6 gear in my tdi is great. By now means it sucks? What makes you think it sucks?

They use the multitronic in the Audis. I don't like it either.

Possibly.

Gruß

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

The DSG box is designed for transverse engines only hence it will *only* go onto the new Golf/A3/Touran platform. Give them some time as I understand the DSG will eventually be availble on all VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat.

Probably

Martin

Reply to
Martin Basil

Dear Wolfgang,

While I agree Audi's manual gearboxes are not bad, the problem with them is they're not good either. They're slow and sticky by comparison to BMW's, and much worse than those in any Jap car. Maybe the problem is the rest of the car is so very much better.

It is not too difficult to miss up-gears from 4th into 5th with 3rd, if you're not revving further up than 3,000 rpm, for example. Inserting 2nd gear with a cold engine is also notoriously bad, as you'll be able to read in Audiworld forums.

In fact, if I had to rate two bad things about my A4 1.8T Q, they would be its gear box and its excessive weight.

Never meant to disappoint you, however.

Cheers,

JP

"Wolfgang Pawlinetz" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Have to disagree, at least the newer 6-gear-boxes are much nicer than BMW's. Gears go in and out without problems. Older gearboxes might have been worse, true.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

Mine is the old 5-gear one, so you might be right, but magazines keep ranting about competition being better, although I don't believe all that they say in magazines, either.

JP

Reply to
JP Roberts

Well, I've also read a lot of positive about this new box, so there's a bit of different taste too in the reviews ;)

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

oops and TT

Reply to
Martin Basil

I've got this 6 speed box in my A6 and it's pretty crisp and short.

Never had to complain about it.

Aww.. How could you ;-)

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Seconded. The 6-speed on my A3 is smooth as silk.

Reply to
Toby Groves