Headlight covers 2001 A6

One of the headlight covers has started to turn yellow and get a permanent foggy look to it (but it doesn't look like condensation). Is it something that can be cleaned or will I need to replace them?

Reply to
bigej65

Had the same problem. Because these covers are plastic and not glass, they are more prone to the 'sandblasting' effect caused by dust and sand particles . I've tried to pollish it out wihtout success and ended up replacing them anyway.

Reply to
Burbletrack

Do you remember what you had to pay for new covers? Mine will need replacing within the coming 2-3 years .... /Robert

Reply to
Robert

Cost me approx R1450 (US$ 200) per headlight from Audi agents.

Reply to
Burbletrack

Thanks for info. That's expensive, but about what I feared. /Robert

Reply to
Robert

If that "R" indicates "Rand" then I'd just point out that, according my various South African sources, motoring in general is a lot more expensive in S.A. than elsewhere in the western world, so you might find they're not as expensive.

Reply to
Marcus Redd