UK spec Coupe?

I'm looking for info on the UK spec Audi 90 Coupe' (I believe it was simply called the A2 in Europe). I know that the U.S. spec version was sold only with the 90's 5 cylinder engine, and that an S2 variant appeared in Europe. What I'd like are specs for the S2, as well as info on any other 90/A2 variants sold in the UK and Europe as a whole. I believe someone once told me that an A2 powered by the 12 valve Audi V6 was sold in Europe.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Calling it Coupe' is technically correct, but so is 90 Coupe'. The little bit of information I found said that it was offcially the 90 Coupe' (as it was really little more than a 2-door version of the 90 sedan), and that U.S. spec variants were powered by the same 2.3 litre I5 that Audi sold in the 90. In addition, I know that there was a European version titled S2, and I was told once that A2 was it's European name, although I'm not positive that was correct. I know an S2 version was sold in Europe, and I'm fairly positive that at least one variant was powered by an Audi V6. Those are the models I want specs for.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

I have never heard of an A2 Coupe here in the UK. We have the A2 which is a small hatch-back and came out about 3/4 years ago.

Yes, an S2 Coupe was available.

-- Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage